ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <macrodef> and local
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:19:24 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Jose Alberto Fernandez
<jalberto@cellectivity.com> wrote:

> basically, I think we need to decide (by taking into account the
> consequences) if this local properties ARE properties or are
> something else that look like properties.

Unless we want to change all property setting tasks, they have to be
real properties IMHO.  The main limitation I see without local
properties in <macrodef> is when your macro uses a property setting
task like <basename> or <available> - you currently need to provide a
unique property name to those tasks if you want to reuse the macro.

I deliberatly didn't state my preference in my last mail since I'd
like to see what needs to get resolved before we get lost in details
(again ;-).

> At this point I am not too keen on having something specific to
> <macrodef/>

Neither am I.

> but I may be convinced otherwised.

not sure about myself.