ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Alias names for imported targets
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:27:25 GMT
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Dominique Devienne <> wrote:

> This allows to bypass the target override, and thus bypass whatever
> the overridden target does.

Right.  But I already can bypass it if the target is overridden since
I get the aliased name then.  If this type of bypassing is wrong, we
shouldn't allow it in any way.

I don't have a real world use-case, granted, my major reason is
consistency - I want to be able to write depends="" and not
care whether it has been overridden or not.

> I'm not -1, and even then it'd be non-binding, but I don't
> understand the need for this.

This isn't a vote at all, so binding or not wouldn't matter.  Outside
of the legal world, your opinion here certainly matters, whether you
are a committer or not.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message