ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Delete on exit attribute to <delete>
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:59:47 GMT
On Tue, 08 Jun 2004, Peter Reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:

> I am adding a deleteonexit attribute to <delete>.

+1 in general, but I have an issue with the implementation.

>             If true, on failure to delete, note the error with a
>             warning message and call File#deleteOnExit() causing the
>             jvm to attempt to delete the file when the jvm process
>             is exitting.  The warning message is "Failed to delete
>             <filename>, calling deleteOnExit".

This isn't strong enough for me.  Ant may still fail to delete the
file when exitting, so I'd rather like something stronger than
"calling deleteOnExit".  Something that says - look whether the file
has really gone after Ant stops.

>             The warning message will be suppressed with the "quiet"
>             flag.

I'm not sure this is the correct behavior either.

Stefan