ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: buildStarted/Finished and subbuilds
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:03:26 GMT
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> The only alternative I could think of (without checking whether it
> is feasible) would be to create BuildListener2 and add something
> like ProjectStarted/ProjectFinished to it. These would be called in
> Project.executeTargets for any BuildListeners which also implement
> BuildListener2.

Unfortunately this wouldn't help.

* RecorderEntry wants to write something to the file in buildFinished,
  if we close the file in projectFinished, this would try to write to
  a closed file in the main build.

* Similar, AntClassLoaders used in the master build would be cleaned
  as soon as the subbuild finishes since it is registered as a build
  listener for the subbuild as well.  This would be way too early.

> Would that be better than checking for AntClassLoaders explicitly?

Anything that works would be better 8-)

Stefan