ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Possible Ant 1.7 alpha bug: property expansion.
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:49:51 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> > Okay. I'm going to add one class ..ant.util.RecursivePropertyParser
> > and call it from ..ant.PropertyHelper.replacePropertiesRecursively()
>
> I'd rather make that a completely new PropertyHelper that can
> be selected on the command line as an option.

Agree in principle. As a matter of fact, we already have the
PropertyHelper
chain framework. Take a look at how velocity properties(for example) get
activated. What you need is:

1) Your own implementation of PropertyHelper that does recursive
property expansion.
2) Provide a task that adds your property helper to the property
expansion chain.

So, if someone wants to use your feature, it must call the your task in
order to activate it.
No BC issue, here. No need to pass new funny args in the command line (
:-P )
Everything is there in the buildfile.

Lets, use the frameworks we already have....

Jose Alberto