ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Alias names for imported targets
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 15:34:05 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> I don't have a real world use-case, granted, my major reason is
> consistency - I want to be able to write depends="foo.bar" and not
> care whether it has been overridden or not.

Yeah, that's the part I don't like. Beside the target that actually
overrides a target, I don't think anyone else should have access to
the overridden target.

You should just write depends="bar", and not care whether it has been
overridden or not IMHO. If somebody (you ;-) override 'bar', that's
the one you should be using, not the overridden one. --DD