ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Alias names for imported targets
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:52:03 GMT
> From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
>
> pasted from my original message on this:
>
> imported.xml
>     <project name="imported">
>       <target name="some-target"/>
>     </project>
>
> build.xml
>     <project name="build">
>       <import file="imported.xml">
>       <target name="another-target" depends="imported.some-target"/>
>     </project>
>
> Doesn't work, since some-target is not overridden.
>
> ------
> It would be nice if imported.some-target existed as an alias always.

I saw your message Erik. So what's preventing you from writing:

build.xml
    <project name="build">
      <import file="imported.xml">
      <target name="another-target" depends="some-target"/>
    </project>

??? This is much better anyway, because if you do override some-target,
we'd most likely want another-target to use the overridden some-target.

So no, I still don't see the need for this. --DD