ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <macrodef> and local
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:42:34 GMT
Subject:    Re: <macrodef> and local
From:       Wascally Wabbit <wascallywabbit () earthling ! net>

> Why would BreakException subclass from BuildException? It's a

Point taken.  So long as it is some sort of RuntimeException, it is
good enough.

> Also as a developer responsible for lots of task container code,
> I'm not thrilled with the idea of having to add this hook into
> every single task...

Maybe we can code up some utility method like so:

TaskContainerUtils.executeTaskList(TaskList, boolean isSequential)

If your code uses this method instead of iterating through
tasks and executing by itself, then we can achieve the break
functionality without your container task having to bother about
catching BreakExceptions.

Anyway, all these are implementation details and I'd be happy
to discuss them all if <break> is accepted as a need on a
theoretical basis.

Cheers,
Magesh