ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject RE: DispatchTask
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 21:04:34 GMT
Subject:    RE: DispatchTask
From:       Dominique Devienne <DDevienne () lgc ! com>
Date:       2004-06-06 17:50:23

> So if I need to derive from something else that DispatchTask, I can simply
> implement Dispatchable and don't even need an execute method, since you've
> modified the introspection code too. Clever!

For now, tasks implementing Dispatchable but extending
from oata.Task will not dispatch to non-execute methods.
IOW, tasks that are dispatchable must *not* extend from
Task...  at least currently.

> nothing silently, instead of barfing. I personally believe any dispatch
task
> should require a valid 'action' attribute, and that having a default
action
> reverting back to execute is counter intuitive and will lead to some
> confusion (and requests for help) down the line.
>
> Let me know what you think about that. Thanks, --DD

I can throw a BuildException if the method to be executed
is not available, if that is what you think is intuitive.

Cheers,
Magesh