ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <macrodef> and local
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:28:59 GMT
From:       Matt Benson <gudnabrsam () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-06-23 17:43:46

> code?  So no, having local variables does not give us
> anything we can't do, but it does save us having to

That is what I was trying to ensure.

> pollute the Project properties with e.g. 500 useless
> properties.

-0.  I don't think the above is a big concern of mine.

> What if the third-party container would NOT like to
> support the <break> task?

They wouldn't delegate task execution to
TaskContainerUtils.executeTaskList

> This starts to change the intent of what a Task does, no?

No.  The task does what it does when it is invoked.
The container decides if the task is to be invoked at all.
And it is eventually the user who decides that a <break>
is needed and not Ant or any of the task containers.

Cheers,
Magesh