ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Anybody?
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:45:17 GMT
Filip Balas wrote:
> In the following 2 files:
> Xalan1Executor.java
> XslpLiaison.java
>
> import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTInputSource;
> import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessor;
> import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory;
> import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTResultTarget;
>
> PS
> I don't know what anything does, I'm just trying
> to get this thing to compile so I can start trying
> to understand it as I play... this is proving
> non-trivial.
>
> It is concerning how many dependancies Ant has
> on other projects, is this normal for open source?

These items are present for backward compatibility. Some may be
candidates for retirement but not everyone is in a position to be using
the latest and greatest version of each component.

Ant has many *optional* external dependencies but they are managed by
the Ant build file. If they are not present you get an Ant build without
them. How are you trying to build this stuff? Is it with Ant?

To give you some idea, check out these components in the Ant build as an
example

   <selector id="needs.xslp">
     <filename name="${optional.package}/XslpLiaison*"/>
   </selector>

   <available property="xslp.present"
              classname="com.kvisco.xsl.XSLProcessor"
              classpathref="classpath"/>

   <selector refid="needs.xslp" unless="xslp.present"/>

These are from different parts of Ant's build - try searching for xslp
or xalan1.

Conor