ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:31:18 GMT
Hi,

I have had to reinstall by linux machine as the root partition got hosed.
I decided to upgrade to Fedora Core 2 and lo I got the
org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher
problem.

I tracked this down to the fact that Fedora Core 2 has got ant
pre-installed and there
exists a "/etc/ant.conf" file.

This causes grief when ant 1.6.1 is installed as the ant shell script
checks for
the existance of this file and "dot" includes it. The active line in
/etc/ant.conf
is "ANT_HOME=/usr/share/ant", so this causes the rest of the script to fail.

I added a FAQ entry for this, but I think that this will cause a lot of
people grief.

Peter