ant-dev mailing list archives

From Aurele Venet <aurele.ve...@esa.int>
Subject Re: Property overriding ignored in 1.6
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:52:49 GMT
Peter,

duh stupid me, of course.... many thanks for pointing it out.
So sorry for the silly question!

Vrata

Peter Reilly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It has always been the case that ant did not allow property overriding.
> However some tasks did not fullfill this contract, and this was
> corrected in ant 1.6.0 and above.
>
> The ant'ian way of doing this is to do:
>
> <condition property="prop1" value="value2">
>   <isset property="optProp"/>
> </condition>
> <property name="prop1" value="value1"/>
>
> Peter
>
> Aurele Venet wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> not sure if I should post my question here or not, but I just
>> upgraded to ant 1.6 so as to use <typedef/> declarations.  However,
>> my build scripts stopped working.  In debug mode I discovered a
>> number of "Override property ignored..." msgs.  This is what I am doing:
>>
>> <property name="prop1" value="value1"/>
>> <condition property="prop1" value="value2">
>>    <isset property="optProp"/>
>> </condition>
>>
>> I looked in the code and realised that the class
>> org.apache.tools.ant.PropertyHelper has a new piece of code that
>> disallows property overriding.   I guess asking if it is necessary is
>> a silly question and there must be a logical explanation for this,
>> however, my question is, is it not possible to put this as an option
>> that can be overriden from the command line?
>>
>> in the mean time I achieve the above using:
>>
>> <condition property="prop1" value="value2">
>>    <isset property="optProp"/>
>> </condition>
>> <condition property="prop1" value="value1">
>>    <not><isset property="optProp"/></not
>> </condition>
>>
>> a bit of an overkill....
>>
>> kind regards
>>
>> Vrata

 Quote: The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
        universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

  Aurele Vrata Venet
  ESA/ESAC
  European Space Astronomy Center
  P.O. Box 50727, 28080 Madrid - SPAIN
  Tel: +34 91 81 31 331
  Fax: +34 91 81 31 322
  Ext: 322                                                            ;