ant-dev mailing list archives

From Aurele Venet <>
Subject Property overriding ignored in 1.6
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:04:25 GMT

not sure if I should post my question here or not, but I just upgraded
to ant 1.6 so as to use <typedef/> declarations.  However, my build
scripts stopped working.  In debug mode I discovered a number of
"Override property ignored..." msgs.  This is what I am doing:

<property name="prop1" value="value1"/>
<condition property="prop1" value="value2">
    <isset property="optProp"/>

I looked in the code and realised that the class has a new piece of code that
disallows property overriding.   I guess asking if it is necessary is a
silly question and there must be a logical explanation for this,
however, my question is, is it not possible to put this as an option
that can be overriden from the command line?

in the mean time I achieve the above using:

<condition property="prop1" value="value2">
    <isset property="optProp"/>
<condition property="prop1" value="value1">
    <not><isset property="optProp"/></not

a bit of an overkill....

kind regards

 Quote: The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
        universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

  Aurele Vrata Venet
  European Space Astronomy Center
  P.O. Box 50727, 28080 Madrid - SPAIN
  Tel: +34 91 81 31 331
  Fax: +34 91 81 31 322
  Ext: 322                                                            ;

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message