ant-dev mailing list archives

From Aurele Venet <aurele.ve...@esa.int>
Subject Property overriding ignored in 1.6
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:04:25 GMT
Hello,

not sure if I should post my question here or not, but I just upgraded
to ant 1.6 so as to use <typedef/> declarations.  However, my build
scripts stopped working.  In debug mode I discovered a number of
"Override property ignored..." msgs.  This is what I am doing:

<property name="prop1" value="value1"/>
<condition property="prop1" value="value2">
    <isset property="optProp"/>
</condition>

I looked in the code and realised that the class
org.apache.tools.ant.PropertyHelper has a new piece of code that
disallows property overriding.   I guess asking if it is necessary is a
silly question and there must be a logical explanation for this,
however, my question is, is it not possible to put this as an option
that can be overriden from the command line?

in the mean time I achieve the above using:

<condition property="prop1" value="value2">
    <isset property="optProp"/>
</condition>
<condition property="prop1" value="value1">
    <not><isset property="optProp"/></not
</condition>

a bit of an overkill....

kind regards

Vrata

 Quote: The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
        universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

  Aurele Vrata Venet
  ESA/ESAC
  European Space Astronomy Center
  P.O. Box 50727, 28080 Madrid - SPAIN
  Tel: +34 91 81 31 331
  Fax: +34 91 81 31 322
  Ext: 322                                                            ;