ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6.2 release?
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 12:44:40 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>I see.  Looking into DirectoryScanner it seems not that easy to fix
>since the scanner will either recurse into x or exclude x based on the
>followSymlink setting so anything we'd want to do would not only
>affect Delete but probably any other task using DirectoryScanner as
>well.

I was thinking more in terms of adding an attribute to the delete task

<delete treatsymlinksasfiles="yes" dir="build"/>

But, it does need to interact with the fileset "symfollowsymlinks"
attribute in some way to
make things consistent, or perhaps a "treatsymlinksasfiles" attribute to
filesets, which
<delete> sets if  "treatsymlinkasfiles" is set.

Peter