ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: Possible Ant 1.7 alpha bug: property expansion.
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:50:36 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> > From: Jack J. Woehr [mailto:jax@purematrix.com]
> >

> Well, it seem to me the problem is deeper.

You're correct ... I've got recursive expansion kinda working already, just
fixing a bug now but have to put it aside to do some real work :-)

> So what needs to be change is the chopping part,

I changed that entirely (wholly encapsulated within the PropertyHelper.replacePropertiesRecursively()
which
nominally takes the place of PropertyHelper.replaceProperties(). Instead of parsing fragments
into vectors I
leave the source string whole and  recursively find the next leftmost outermost ${property-expression}.
Each time I hit ground I look up the property and substitute text on return to the caller.

--
Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but