ant-dev mailing list archives

From Abey Mullassery <a...@mullassery.com>
Subject Proposal to contribute the External Image Tasks to ANT 1.7
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 05:10:25 GMT
Hello,

I developed and maintain the external Image task available at
http://www.mullassery.com/software/ANT/. It is currently listed as one
of the external tasks and is distributed under the Apache License.
I would like to contribute it to the Image task in ANT 1.7, since I see
no point in maintaining separate internal and external Image tasks.

My implementation currently supports a combination of imaging operations
on files or filesets such as

1. resize/ scale/ bestfit
2. crop
3. add text
4. overlay another image
5. rotate
6. grayscale
7. add transparency

It works with Java2D or JAI giving similar output (JAI and ImageIO will
enable support for more image formats). GIF encoding is also supported
with pjatools.jar. It is built on PMIW
(http://www.mullassery.com/software/PMIW/)

The next step is to support operations such as blur, sharpen, etc that
PMIW already supports along with basic Draw/ Shape operations.

Thanks,

Abey Mullassery
http://www.mullassery.com