ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: Possible Ant 1.7 alpha bug: property expansion.
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:11:31 GMT
"Jack J. Woehr" wrote:

>      Ant should behave analagously to m4: recursively expand until it either hits
>      ground or an uninstantiated ${decorated} name.

Oh, and the algorithm should be something like:

       1. While argument X  contains any "${}" expressions {
       2. Y : = Expansion of leftmost innermost "${ }" expressions in X
       3. Call Step 1 with (Y) as the argument
       4. Replace in X the leftmost innermost "${}" expression with the result of the call.
}
       5. Return X

Do I have that right?

--
Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but