ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: improved <fail/> task
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:23:28 GMT
While that's essentially a nice idea, the only thing
<fail> currently does is throw a BuildException... how
do you propose to pass this status all the way out of
the JVM, especially when you really can't be sure
whose main method is the starting point... usu.
oata.launch.Launcher--which incidentally doesn't even
call System.exit() itself... IIRC calling
System.exit() would be a de-evolution of Ant...

-Matt