ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible Ant 1.7 alpha bug: property expansion.
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 16:35:53 GMT
[SNIP]
> I don't see any easy way to defer the actual string
> tokenization to
> the individual PropertyHelpers of the chain, so we
> may be better
> served by defining a more useful algorithm at the
> top.

One (slightly messy) solution might be to decouple the
parsing and substitution... thinking out loud here so
forgive any glaring omissions or errors...

interface oata.PropertyParser {
  void parsePropertyString(String value,
           Vector fragments, Vector propertyRefs);}

BC could be preserved by making the existing
PropertyHelper abstract and add:
public class oata.helper.DefaultPropertyHelper
 extends oata.PropertyHelper
 implements oata.PropertyParser {}

... and modify PropertyHelper:
  add
public static PropertyParser
getPropertyParser(Project)
  modify
public static PropertyHelper
getPropertyHelper(Project)

  so that the default set for each is a
DefaultPropertyHelper, with an "ant.PropertyParser"
reference added corresponding to "ant.PropertyHelper".

?

-Matt