ant-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Mark Bram <relaxed...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Open new command window for ANT task
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 15:29:26 GMT
Hi DD!

Thank you very much for the response!

I read the FAQ in response to your message - but I still don't see how to
do what I want, which is to open a new command window and run something in
it..

<exec dir="${scripts}" executable="cmd.exe" >
    <arg line="/c test.bat"/>
</exec>

or

<exec dir="${scripts}" executable="cmd.exe" >
    <arg line="start"/>
    <arg line="/c test.bat"/>
</exec>

For example, this runs a batch file, but still in the same window.

I need to run several Java processes in new windows in a particular order:
- a class server
- a Jini lookup server
- another class server
- a service provider
- a client....

Each of these should spin off into a new command window so they can keep
running and let the next process be launched.. This is easy to do with a
batch/shell file and I am hoping to do the same with Ant..

Do you think this can be done?

Rob
:)

--
Robert Mark Bram
B.Comp.(Systems Development/Business Systems)

School of Network Computing
Faculty of Information Technology
Monash University
Peninsula Campus