ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Trapping RuntimeExceptions form Tasks
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 09:43:37 GMT
On Tue, 11 May 2004, Peter Reilly <> wrote:

> The notion is not to swallow / ignore them (unless the build script
> author wants to) but to wrap them in a build exception to possibly
> provide some information as to where the error happened - the line
> number of the build script from where the error happened for
> example.

OK, so I must have partly misunderstood that.  I have no problem with
adding location information (and which task caused the Error).

What I really wouldn't feel comfortable with would be if Ant even
optionally would swallow such an error.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message