ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: ANT 1.7 features suggestion
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 23:03:52 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

>>From: Alexey N. Solofnenko []
>>Actually <if> is too wordy. A mall <target if="XXX"> is translated into
>>Complex conditions are big. A small expression language like "XXX &&
>>YYY" would be much nicer.
> I so agree with you! That expression language could (should IMHO!) be XPath
> (JXpath or Jaxen are candidates, or the Xalan one?) where Ant properties
> would be available as XPath properties, and some of Ant's condition made
> into XPath functions.

The PropertyHelper aready does this in the embed proposal, since almost
2 *years*. I had written the XMLDOM task for it, and that are also Jexl
and Velocity versions.

Examples from:

     <echo message="jexl /references/myJars:
             ${jexl:ant.references.myJars}" />

     <echo message="jxPath /targets[1]: ${jxpath:/targets[1]}" />
     <echo message="jxPath /references: ${jxpath:/references}" />
     <echo message="jxPath /references[@name='myJars']:
                      ${jxpath:/references[@name='myJars']}" />
     <echo message="jxPath /references/myJars:
                      ${jxpath:/references/myJars}" />
     <echo message="XMLDOM:
                  ${jxpath:/references/test.xml/root/project/@name}" />

Nicola Ken Barozzi