ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <>
Subject RE: Trapping RuntimeExceptions form Tasks
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 10:38:05 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig []
> On Wed, 05 May 2004, Peter Reilly <> wrote:
> > I see verify errors sometimes with beanshell and groovy scripts.
> Because you are reloading classes which is a problem in its
> own.  I think you'd better find a way to avoid these
> VerifyErrors instead of swallowing/ignoring them.  8-)

The problems with scripting are more fundamental. I in particular
have had to jump over hoops because I have a beenshell script that
creates a class object. Originally, every execution of the script
was recreating the same class and making the classloader blow-up.

Ideally, what you would want for this kind of languages is to give them
a throw-away classloader in which they can add their class and that
we can dispose afterwards is necessary. Of course, all the ANT
and supporting classes would come from its parent classloader.

Instead, in todays scenario, I need to invent new names everytime
which is not nice.

Jose Alberto

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: