ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject Trapping RuntimeExceptions form Tasks
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 13:30:24 GMT

Hi,

As part of a bug report on <subant/>'s keepgoing functionality,
we started talking about why ANT was not catching RuntimeExceptions
(and maybe Errors) from the tasks and converting them to BuildExceptions
with proper location information.

We never did something about it besides fixing the <subant/> specific
part of it. I want to bring the subject back, since we may want to fix
this before 1.6.2.

Is there any interest on this issue? Shall we track it in bugzilla?
I think part of the difficulty was whether to catch only
RuntimeExceptions
or all Throwables (except for some very few).

The fix itself is quite simple ce we know what we want done.

Shall we do it before 1.6.2?

Jose Alberto