ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Open new command window for ANT task
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 22:38:30 GMT
> From: Robert Mark Bram [mailto:relaxedrob@optusnet.com.au]
> I need to run several Java processes in new windows in a particular order:
> - a class server
> - a Jini lookup server
> - another class server
> - a service provider
> - a client....
>
> Each of these should spin off into a new command window so they can keep
> running and let the next process be launched.. This is easy to do with a
> batch/shell file and I am hoping to do the same with Ant..
>
> Do you think this can be done?

If you don't mind having Ant be the parent of all these processes,
And sticking around, you could start all the servers in <parallel>,
Probably redirecting each server's output to avoid their multiplexing.

I'm never done this, but others have. You may also use DOS/SH instead
Of Ant as Kenneth suggested... --DD