ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Define r.java
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 18:04:15 GMT

And since when circular dependencies between JARs is OK?
Circular dependencies of classes inside a JAR is OK,
not between JARs.

But that's actually beside the point: AntLibs declare dependencies
between them to use types/tasks in <macrodef>/<presetdef>, not to
resolve dependent classes. The latter's done thru documentation, by
stating the AntLibs (or its individual types) dependencies on external
libraries (JARs).

Anyways... It's not failing now, and won't be apparently.
I still disagree, but it won't be the first time. --DD