ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Define r.java
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 15:10:57 GMT
> From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
> >Could the message somehow make it more explicit it's ignored? Like:
> Ok,
>                         log("Warning: Recursive loading of " + url
>                             + " ignored"
>                             + " at " + getLocation(),

Sounds good.

> >PPS: Shouldn't this message go to verbose mode only (MSG_VERBOSE)?

> This could be the case for <import>, but this code is for <typedef
> file="x.xml"/> and <typedef resource="x/y/z.xml"/>, which is possibly
> more likely to be an error to have circular loading.

Ah, it make sense now. So it's to deal with AntLibs depending on other
AntLibs then. I didn't get that the first time. Then it does indeed
sound like the message should always be visible. I'm actually thinking
this should be an error (raising an exception), but maybe that's too
harsh. We do barf on targets with circular dependencies, so why wouldn't
we barf for circular AntLib dependencies?

Thanks for the explanations Peter. --DD