ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Define r.java
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 14:35:12 GMT

Perhaps it's because I'm not a native English speaker, but the
'Attempting ...' message (like the 'Overriding reference ...' one)
always makes me wonder whether the load (or override) actually
take place.

Could the message somehow make it more explicit it's ignored? Like:

	"Warning: Recursively load of " + url +
	" at " + getLocation() + " IGNORED";

Also, to troubleshoot these problems, knowing where the first import
was done would help I would guess.

Just suggestion guys, nothing more. I probably just need to learn
English or something ;-)

--DD

PS: Is it a recursive import or a circular import?
PPS: Shouldn't this message go to verbose mode only (MSG_VERBOSE)?
     Circular includes of C/C++ headers is silently ignored.