ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: ANT 1.7 features suggestion
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 16:27:49 GMT
> From: Alexey N. Solofnenko [mailto:A.Solofnenko@mdl.com]
>
> Actually <if> is too wordy. A mall <target if="XXX"> is translated into
>
> Complex conditions are big. A small expression language like "XXX &&
> YYY" would be much nicer.

I so agree with you! That expression language could (should IMHO!) be XPath
(JXpath or Jaxen are candidates, or the Xalan one?) where Ant properties
would be available as XPath properties, and some of Ant's condition made
into XPath functions.

We'd be restricted to boolean XPath expressions only, and have no access to
any DOM tree initially, allow I would actually like to be able to navigate
the DOM of the build file (but that's another story).

So Ant would have an XML friendly, very well defined and documented
expression language. --DD