ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Davey <Michael.Da...@coderage.org>
Subject [Ant] bootstrap-ant no longer builds (was: Re: [logging][PROPOSAL] a solution to incompatibility between log4j versions)
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 22:21:00 GMT
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> someone wrote:
>
>>Moreover, we have provided very clear set of instructions that safely
>>address the c-l compilation problems. I think log4j is the wrong tree
>>to bark at.
>>
>>I noticed that
>><http://gump.covalent.net/log/bootstrap-ant.html>bootstrap-ant no longer
>>builds. Is it a related problem?
>>

>Hmm, good question. Seems possible, but odd that it works here:
>    http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/ant/bootstrap-ant/index.html
>
>http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/ant/bootstrap-ant/gump_work/buildscript_ant_bootstrap-ant.html

This fails on my private Gump too.  Looks like it is caused by a recent
commit of Ant's build.xml:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ant/build.xml?r1=1.418&r2=1.419&diff_format=h

The "-source" option does not support the "1.2" argument in Java 1.4.0,
but it is supported in Java 1.4.2 and 1.5.0-beta.  "1.3" is supported in
Java 1.4.0 - I don't know when it was added.

--
Michael