ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: when are tasks instances no longer referenced?
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 17:04:27 GMT
Yuji Yamano wrote:

>On Wed, 05 May 2004 16:51:58 +0100,
>Peter Reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:
>

>>At the moment all tasks/types instances are stored for
>>the execute phase of a project.
>>

>Which do you mean the parse time or the executing targets time?
>I think the instantitation timing was changed in 1.6 by introducing
>ProjectHelper2, but I can't find any documentaion about this.

The sequence is that project calls ProjectHelper2 which sets
up a dom like structure of UnknownElements and RuntimeConfigurables.
The top level UnknownElements in each target (based on dependency) are then
iterated over and the perform method is called on them. This creates a
task/or type
object which in the case of a task is executed. The creation of the task
also replaces
the unknown element in the target list of tasks. (Used by the script id
trick).

Peter