ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject FW: [maven2] Anything Groovy in Maven2?
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 06:26:25 GMT
Hi Ant developers,

There's some discussion raging in Maven land for Maven2 as whether we
could/should reuse Ant tasks in embedded mode from within Maven plugins
written in java.

The contentious point is that it that some believe it won't be possible
to due to the strong tie of Ant tasks to the AntClassloader (see the
message below for an example of what I mean).

More specifically, I'd like to know why the JUnit task in Ant 1.6 has
now lots of dependencies on the Ant classloader. How can we now reuse it
in embedded mode?

Thanks
-Vincent

IDEA