ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <jtul...@novell.com>
Subject Re: XSLT help?
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:56:51 GMT
>> Steve,
>>    I once looked through those and am somewhat familiar with them, as
>> well as having an understanding of XSLT.  I can help you on this.
>> I need to do something with this hard-earned but lately unused
>> knowledge of XSL.  :)

>excellent. i will commit the extra changes to the XML report once
>I verify it is working, then its time to do some XSL work. I know
>there is something ironic about an Ant developer being scared of
>XML processing languages, but its such an ugly one :)

I'd think it funny as well, but I know the language, and too painfully
know how "ugly" it is.  I still haven't decided whether, given what I
know now about XSLT, I would go through the learning curve again.  I
guess it comes down to whether it turns out to be a valuable
job-preserving / gaining skill someday.  My original need for it is now
gone (a mountaineering club web site I no longer maintain).

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com