ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject failifexecutionfails, append and incompatibleWithSpawn
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:05:01 GMT
Hi,

why is setting failifexecutionfails incompatible with the spawn
attribute in <exec> and friends?

Execute#spawn would fail in the same way as Execute#execute if Ant
fails to create the process (because a the command is not on the PATH
or something), so we could support it in the spawn case as well.

why is setting append incompatible with spawn?

append on its own doesn't do anything if none of the other output
redirecting attributes has been set.  So we could as well ignore it in
the case of spawn.

Stefan