ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Why are we having the branch after all? (was Re: cvs commit: ant/docs/manual/CoreTypes filterchain.html)
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:16:44 GMT
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Jan Materne <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> Or should the 15390 be applied to 1.6 as well?

Given the amount of new features we are adding to the 1.6 branch, this
has IMHO far outgrown a maintenance branch.  The difference between
the 1.6 branch and CVS HEAD is very small and if soemthing ends up on
the branch or not is purely arbitrary - I cannot see a theme here.

Maybe we should rather release a 1.7 from CVS HEAD instead of 1.6.2?
Or release from CVS HEAD and call it 1.6.2?

Stefan