ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: target if/unless property substitution
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:13:17 GMT
On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So my question is whether--since this behavior is consistent with
> that of virtually any other XML attribute in Ant--that was something
> everyone took for granted, or is it a little-known triviality

Well known to those of us who've been around long enough to remember
the "should properties get expanded in the depends attribute?" - errm
- discussions.

At the time it was a conscious decision that properties get expanded
inside the if and unless but no other attributes of target.

In general, it is probably little-known but IMHO not too useful
either, or is it?

Stefan