ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: [Container|Composite]Mapper
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:51:43 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Peter Reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:
>

>>The only thing to keep in mind is that the following (I think)
>>should still work.
>>
>><copy ...>
>>   <mapper chain="yes">
>>      <globmapper .../>
>>      <mymapper ../>
>>    </mapper>
>></copy>
>>
>>as against:
>><copy ....>
>>    <mapper>
>>       <chainmapper>
>>        </chainmapper>
>>    </mapper>
>></copy>
>>

>Why is this desirable?  Less wordy or for a different reason.

I do not like extra indent levels in general (- see the discussion on
<local/> :-! )
But on reflection, it may be better to use the <chainmapper> element
in this case, inside an implicit <compositemapper> aka <mapper>

>>or
>><copy .....>
>>  <chainmapper>
>>  </chainmapper>
>></copy>
>>

>Should be our goal, but wouldn't work right now, correct?

This could be done by adding an  add(Mapper) method to  the Copy class.
I am not too sure that this is a goal as  this in effect makes Copy a
container
class for mappers, this should be I think done by the Mapper class itself.

Peter