ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Sql Task -- A comment and a diff
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:28:53 GMT
1. The documentation for the Sql Task is, I believe, inaccurate. It doesn't mention that
the 'keepformat' attribute set to 'true' will eliminate the effect of the REM, // and --
comments.

2. In any case, the attached diff should add the attribute 'commentchars' which allow
the user to choose the single string of characters which constitute a line commenter
when appearing at the head of the line. E.g.,

     <sql commentchars="FOOBAR" ...

will make "FOOBAR" the only string found at the head of a line during processing
which comments out the line.

With this diff,

     if (keepformat == false && (commentchars is_not_set))

then the Sql task will behave as it does currently, removing lines which start with
REM, // or --

I have not fully tested this. If this is interesting to the Ant project, I will procede
to test it (or modify it in light of critique), and subsequently submit a diff which
includes the manual change. It seems a fairly obvious attribute for the Sql task
to present.

--
Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but