ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: antlib and classloaders
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 09:09:35 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

>As the URI protocol "antlib:" provides a shortcut for the <typedef/>
>above, I am just thinking on providing something similar for the
>classpath declaration when needed.
>
><classpath id="foo.bar">.....</classpath>

I have been doing a little thinking about this.
What about a task to specify the classpath to use if the "antlib:"
shortcut is triggered
for a particular uri:

something like:

<antlibclasspath uri="antlib:foo.bar" [path attributes] [loaderref attribute]>
   [path elements]
</antlibclasspath>

This would be a relatively low-cost task - it does not trigger reading the antlib.xml
resource until the "antlib:" shortcut is triggered - so it could be
placed in a common xml file imported by a site's build.xml files.

Peter