ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Woehr <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: Suggested Diff: UnknownElement.java
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 14:39:27 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:

> I am not sure it is good advice to tell people to recompile
> ant, in the (already alarming) error message that most ant newbies see.
>
> Normally people will get ant precomiled - to get all the optional
> tasks compiled correcty is difficult.

You may well be correct. I was not advocating that style of message, merely
repairing an extant erroneous message which sent me off on a wild goose
chase.

Furthermore, the HTML docs regarding building and and its library dependencies
is in need of informed editing in this regard.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # "[F]ar in the empty sky a solitary esophagus slept
http://www.well.com/~jax #  upon motionless wing; everywhere brooded stillness,