ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Redirector
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:08:56 GMT
> Only two small notes:
>
> * Enough Rope?

[snip]

> I think I understand the saying, but I don't
> understand what you want
> to say here?  Why would mapping of property names be
> dangerous?

I had thought of including this but had these visions
of someone setting a discrete result property for each
of a thousand source files... it just seemed like that
would be nearly useless from an end-user perspective,
to say nothing of eating up memory... but it's
possible I'm just paranoid.

> * should there be a timeout in Redirector#complete
> where we wait for
> the StreamPumpers to finish?

I could add that... I don't really think it's 100%
necessary for the existing "Redirectable" tasks since
they have (IIRC) some safeguards in place already to
kill Threads etc., but it might be a nice safety net
for tasks that are adapted in the future...

Thanks for checking the stuff out... though some of
the changes you made were somewhat embarrassing... ;)

-Matt