ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: antlib and classloaders
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:29:40 GMT
--- Mariano Benitez <mariano@fuegolabs.com> wrote:
> The context in which I say this is: I have a big
> application
> (www.fuego.com) that provides ant tasks to perform
> most of its admin
> operation,
> it is a requirement to have the application
> installed and then define a
> property "fuego.basedir" that tells where the app is
> installed.

Your installation procedure could then add the
appropriate -lib setting(s) to ANT_ARGS on Windows or
into ~/.antrc on Un*x.

> The main problem is that I cannot bundle all the
> required files to use
> the application in a single antlib, it would be
> extremely big and hard
> to update/patch/etc. without lots of manual
> intervention.

You can supply antlibs in different jars (or dirs)
with the same resource path and they will all be
loaded into the same ns.

> My intention is to minimize the manual steps to have
> a fuego antlib
> working, so the xmlns:fuego="antlib:fuego.tools.ant"
> was great. Using an
> include.xml file is a good workaround but that
> implies that on every
> build besides the xml namespace they need to do one
> more step, that is a
> 100% increase in the number or changes they need to
> run fuego. :)

Maybe we could create a magic property to auto-alias
namespaces as if they were specified on the project
tag.  These could then be passed as extra settings in
ANT_ARGS (or ANT_OPTS if needed).

-Matt