ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:39:33 GMT
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Alexey N. Solofnenko <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com>
wrote:

> I have had such problems with still open files and every time I
> thought it was a JDK bug, but later by adding try/finally with
> close() I fixed it.

In DD's case we are talking about <unzip> which has such a finally
block that closes the ZipFile.  This is Ant's ZipFile which uses a
RandomAccessFile underneath which in turn gets closed in
ZipFile#close.  I don't think we are missing a call to close - this
time.

The only thing I can imagine as being Ant's fault here is that close
throws an exception - Ant swallows it, which it shouldn't.  This may
lead to a semi-open file, with no chance for Ant to close it.

Stefan