ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <junitreport> slowed down by <properties>
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:06:18 GMT
"Dominique Devienne" <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote in message
news:830BF4914C3C4B4EB1C438D93ABF897A272BEC@lgchexch011.ad.lgc.com...
> For a 20min full rebuild, the 'testreport' takes almost 4 minutes,
> which is a very significant piece to me.

You can try using saxon to see if there is a difference. Or ultimately use
something like msxml :)
Of course it will involve rewriting the stylesheets.

> Nevertheless, I prefer smaller files, rather than big ones.
> Perusing the code, I also discovered that the file is output to
> disk, but the transform is performed from the in-memory DOM tree
> anyhow, so it's not actually needed.
>
> BTW, I didn't quite understand why displaying the properties used
> some JavaScript, rather than a pure HTML table, as an external file.

I don't know, Erik did it so he can probably answer.
But I would say it's just a choice. Might be good for single page report
(like email).
I don't see anything bad with it except that it sucks when you need to quote
everything.

Stephane