ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <>
Subject RE: Extension to Manifest task?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:46:20 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig []
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Craig Berry <> wrote:
> > 1. Am I missing some existing way to do this, in either the
> release or
> > dev Ant versions?
> <pathconvert> should be able to take the <path> and turn it
> into a property stripping of the leading absolute path with
> nested <map> (or, CVS HEAD only, <mapper>) elements.
> I'd prefer an approach that works outside of <ear> and even
> outside of <manifest> as it may very well apply to a more
> general problem.  So please look into <pathconvert> to see
> whether it fits.

I think it would be quite useful if we had as part of the ear
task, a way to give a fileset/filelist containing any additional
jars to put in the ear, and that the task automatically would
modify the manifest the add the necessary Class-Path entries.

Or something like that.

Jose Alberto

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: