ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig Berry" <Craig.Be...@portblue.com>
Subject RE: Extension to Manifest task?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:48:47 GMT
> From: Jose Alberto Fernandez [mailto:jalberto@cellectivity.com]
>
> I think it would be quite useful if we had as part of the ear
> task, a way to give a fileset/filelist containing any additional
> jars to put in the ear, and that the task automatically would
> modify the manifest the add the necessary Class-Path entries.

That was actually the way I first wanted to do it, but I was worried
that it would considered to much magic to put on the <ear> task.  But it
would certainly be nice to combine the cp generation with the jar
inclusion from the same fileset, rather than having to do it as two
steps.  And *every* ear-building process that uses non-ejb jars is going
to end up needing this.

So, thoughts on which way would be best?

--
Craig Berry
Principal Architect and Technical Manager