ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: javac and compilerargs
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:28:07 GMT
> > The only other solution I'd see would be a compiler specific magic
> > property.  Something like build.compiler.gcj.native and we'd drop -C
> > if that property was set to true.
>
> No problem for me if everything is well documented ;-) Seems to be a
> good solution. Can you point me were I have to patch such a
> possibility
> or will you do that? (I'm not in a hurry at all, it's a
> possible future
> project! ;-) )

Documentation is done by the task (see manual for <javac>).
E.g. the jikes adapter uses a magic property.

src/main/.../taskdefs/compiler/Jikes:

044:     public boolean execute() throws BuildException {
078:         // if the user has set JIKESPATH we should add the contents as
well
089:        String jikesPath = System.getProperty("jikes.class.path");
080:        if (jikesPath != null) {
081:            classpath.append(new Path(project, jikesPath));
082:        }

Jan