ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject RE: Extension to Manifest task?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:54:05 GMT
> Recently, I and others have been discussing the lack of support for
> building ejb jars suitable for inclusion in EAR files where
> the ejb jars
> are dependent on other, non-ejb jars.  The problem is that in this
> situation, the ejb jar mush have an EAR-relative classpath attribute
> listing all the non-ejb jars, but there's no (non-kludged) way to
> generate such an EAR-relative classpath list in Ant.  (I can post my
> highly kludged approach if anyone is interested.)
> I would like to extend the existing Manifest task to take a nested
> classpath element, which would generate a class-path attribute from a
> contained fileset, doing path substitution to go from
> filesystem-absolute to EAR-relative paths.  I haven't worked out the
> detailed syntax and semantics yet, but before I do so, I'd like to ask
> four things:
> 1. Am I missing some existing way to do this, in either the release or
> dev Ant versions?
> 2. If not, is anyone else working on something similar already?
> 3. If not 1 or 2, are there problems with my proposed approach?
> 4. If none of the above apply, and if I were to develop such an
> extension, would it be welcome as a contribution?

My last (little) EJB-app is long time ago ... so can´t figure out whether
that is useful. But it sounds like that (and why else you want to write that

I thought by myself to introduce a method for getting a relative path from
absolutes into oata.util.FileUtils. Something like

    public File getRelative(File relativeAsAbsolute, File baseAsAbsolute);

    // use projects basedir as base
    public File getRelative(File relativeAsAbsolute);

But thats on a very long todo-list and I think I wouldn´t do it in the next
few weeks.

But your extension sounds like that you would implement something like that.
And then
that should be part of oata.util.FileUtils.