ant-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vand...@ulg.ac.be>
Subject Re: javac and compilerargs
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:08:50 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> writes:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> wrote:
>> Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> writes:
>>
>>> Honestly, I'm not sure how big our gcj user base is and how many of
>>> them use <compilerarg> to pass additional arguments, the answer
>>> could very well be zero.
>>
>> This is not a problem. I'll try to implement it myself and if the
>> patch is not good for you, maybe we'll apply it only in
>> Debian.
>
> zero was my answer to the size of the user base I was talking about,
> not the chance of getting your patch into Ant 8-)

:-p

<snip/>

Is it possible to know the value of <compilerarg line="..."/> when I am
in the gcj class? If yes, how?

... reading the sources is a good thing to answer your own questions!
;-) (well I found your code very clear!)

Is it OK if in the Gcj class, I do something like:

String[] argsToTest = getJavac().getCurrentCompilerArgs();

Then I think I got to test if every String begins with -o or --main?

> If I'd put it towards the end of my TODO list it would likely never
> get implemented ;-)

I hope I'll have the time and knowledge to do it ;-)

Cheers,

--
~/.signature not found

< asuffield> a workstation is anything you can stick on somebodies desk
             and con them into using
		-- in #debian-devel